Showing all 2 results
Ativan is a prescription medication that is used to treat Anxiety disorders, insomnia, severe agitation, and active seizures. The generic name of Ativan is lorazepam and it belongs to the benzodiazepines drug class.
Use of Ativan
It is used to treat anxiety disorders such as restlessness, irritability, easy fatiguability, difficulty concentrating and is also used for treat sleep disorders. Sometimes it is given before surgery to make the patient sleep.
Side effects of Ativan
Side effects from Ativan are included:
These are not all the possible side effects. So, if you notice any problem and you feel the medicine is not working for you then contact your doctor.
- It is a prescription medicine so do not take it without the prescription of a doctor.
- Before taking it, If you have any medical history, in particular- seizures and any breathing problems like asthma and if you faced sleep apnoea, kidney disease, liver disease, personal or family history of substance use disorder then you should tell about that to your doctor.
- If you have ever faced allergies to Ativan then tell your doctor about it otherwise it can cause allergy in your body.
- Do not take it in large amounts, take the doses according to the doctor or pharmacists otherwise it can cause overdose and overdose can cause serious side effects and in some cases death also.
- If you buy Ativan online or offline then check the manufacture date and expiry date before using it.
- Do not take it longer than prescribed.
- Do not take it in the long term if you feel good and you think you do not need the medicine then go to the doctor and get a medical checkup and try to avoid it in the long term that can cause addiction.